Anamnesis, of Renascents and Monsters,

A text-based simulation and role playing game of exploration, warfare, intrigue and romance in a low fantasy, early 20th century environment.

Sunday, July 17, 2022

On Wasted Time

Here's a quick breakdown of my life's current top priorities ordered by importance and the progress I've made on each since the last post:

1.- Not Starving: I quit my previous job for a more stable one in a better company and city. The chance was offered to me 3 days in advance so I had to leave everything behind in a hurry and spend a whole week barely getting any rest and working up a nice homeless person sunburn because an ongoing heat wave, lousy transport connections and the tourist season taking up all affordable lodgings in the area. On the plus side I should be able to stop worrying about job stability for the foreseeable future, which on the other hand might actually not be that long considering the state of the world right now.

2.- Dying Bunny: Now suffering from bedsores and unable to stand up on his own anymore. In good average human fashion, those relatives I had to entrust him to jumped at the chance to do a good deed and save a fellow living being in need for about 2 weeks. At that point they had successfully managed to fool their brains into thinking they are good people and forgot all about it like so many other virtuous causes not directly involving themselves. The last time my neglected rabbit was able to move on his own was apparently to drag himself into my old empty room to lie down and wait next to the chair and desk on which he could usually find me before, so I've been spending a lot of hours a smarter person would have put on the remaining items on the list easing his passing as much as possible whenever I had some spare time and will continue to do so until the time comes.

3.- Recovering a Sense of Meaning in Life by Developing Anamnesis: Essentially no progress.

4.- Clearing Keeping my Videogame Backlog from Growing Longer: Essentially no progress.

5.- Other Miscellaneous Basic Human Needs: You'd be surprised how many things you can make do without.

No comments:

Post a Comment