Anamnesis, of Renascents and Monsters,

A text-based simulation and role playing game of exploration, warfare, intrigue and romance in a low fantasy, early 20th century environment.

Sunday, June 5, 2022

On Rat Races and Elderly Rabbits

Unfortunately I must report that once again a combination of events knocked Anamnesis several places down on my priority list, propitiating the 2 week long halt in development you might or might not have noticed. Quite predictably, shortly after mentioning how I finally seemed to be getting back on track too.

These events are relatively mild compared to what some of you might be going though with things being the way they are right now in this weird little world we share, but time-consuming nonetheless. Put simply, I've been moving out of town for work once again, this time while simultaneously mired getting some work-related licenses and dealing with a bunch of complicated contractual and legal issues that might or might not result in the whole thing being for nothing. The thing to which I've been losing the most sleep however was whether the relatives to which I'm having to entrust my arthritic 7 year old rabbit in the meantime will be able to give him all the care he's been needing lately, because I'm dumb like that.

Whatever the case, I managed to get to 20 of the roles, personalities and peculiarities for player characters done before the moving around started. I don't know how much free time I'll have during the following months and how much of that free time I'll be able to put to some use so I really can't hazard a guess as to when the rest will get done. If you're really lucky, I might end up jobless and bunnyless within a few weeks, giving me more time for Anamnesis development than I've had in a long while. Otherwise you'll have to wait longer for the release.

Nevertheless, I did manage to find some time to fix a bunch of bugs involving things like empty actions and choices and do some balancing for the next version following a rare instance of people actually playing the game. Since these are piling up along with the previously reported ones, I'll settle for 28 role-thingies rather than 30 in this first iteration to speed things up at least a tiny bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment