Anamnesis, of Renascents and Monsters,

A text-based simulation and role playing game of exploration, warfare, intrigue and romance in a low fantasy, early 20th century environment.

Thursday, August 12, 2021

On Labour Markets and Untouched Game Backlogs

So there I was, barely getting to the good part of the one game I was able to finish when the phone rang, 3 days later I was starting work in an unfamiliar city scrambling for a place in which to sleep.

You probably know how this works, you are perfectly free to decline and whatnot, no pressure whatsoever, it's just that we might never call you again to work in the future if you choose to do so.

I won't bore you with the details but long story short, I'm still going to work for at least another month elsewhere and will have little time to develop the game or play many others in the meantime for that matter.

In a way it was fortunate that it happened just days after the release rather than before, I would have hated to leave the counter at 2 or 3 items left for weeks, but I'm still casting longing glances at my largely unscathed game backlogs.

Development will resume once things settle down a bit nonetheless, hopefully soonish. I've got a few notes and observations to go over from playing Anamnesis on the phone now and then and I'll go ahead and add some more content when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment