Anamnesis, of Renascents and Monsters,

A text-based simulation and role playing game of exploration, warfare, intrigue and romance in a low fantasy, early 20th century environment.

Saturday, May 13, 2023

On Itch.io and Development Goals

It probably looks like I haven't done much value since the last release, but for the most part that only applies to the hours I've spent working on my day job. Also, those spent half-blind and slightly feverish after some bug decided to fly into my eye and die on it.

Perhaps it was this fever that finally made me decide to do the unthinkable and actually share the game with a wider audience after all these years, but whatever the case the result is that there is an Itch.io page for Anamnesis now conveniently linked for you under the header and the downloads section replacing the Dropbox folder.

I intend to keep using this blog just the same while probably only posting about actually game-relevant stuff like releases on Itch.io and I doubt I'll monetize the game. Even if I set a price it'd be optional at most and the mega folder will still be updated and available for you right where it has always been if you rather not even touch that site for some reason.

On the other hand, maybe you also noticed that I removed the Development Goals page. The original intention here was to update it before the Itch.io thingy, but it had deviated so much over the years it was basically unsalvageable at this point without a full rewrite, and just like before I was essentially going to ignore it so I decided to make do without it and just keep working on whatever I feel like the most at the time.

I know this is a bad idea design-wise, but the last thing I need right now is to make the scarce remaining free hours I have left for developing the game boring or unfun.

No comments:

Post a Comment